UPDATE: Yesterday at 5 pm, an incident occurred at 1700 W Crawford, near Value Inn & Suites at 1640 W Crawford. Captain Forrester says that officers were dispatched to Spangles after receiving a report of an individual who had been electrocuted. Upon arrival, officers discovered Jay Kroulik, a 44-year-old male from Cuba, Kansas, at the scene.
It was determined that Mr. Kroulik had allegedly tampered with a fuse from an Evergy transformer box, resulting in an electrocution accident. As a consequence, the hotel experienced a power outage in half of the building. The value of the fuse was estimated at $500.
EMS transported Mr. Kroulik to SRHC for medical treatment. Charges of trespassing and theft are being requested.
ORIGINAL: At 5:15 pm on Tuesday, May 30, first responders were on the scene of a possible electrocution in the 1700 block of W Crawford. While the extent of injuries is unknown at this point, reports indicate that the possible victim has severe burns on his arms. Officers and Salina Fire Department are on the scene, and Evergy is en route. Salina311 will have more information as it becomes available.