Mark your calendars for a day of community camaraderie and giving back as Friends of the River Foundation comes together for the Fall Fix-Up. They're looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join them on Saturday, October 14, from 8 am to noon at various project locations throughout Salina.
Details at a Glance:
Date: Saturday, October 14, 2023 Time: 8 am - 12 pm
Meeting Point: Please meet directly at your chosen project location.
What to Bring: Don't forget to bring your gloves and wear appropriate clothing and footwear for outdoor work.
Families: Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Project Locations and Tasks:
Ashby House - Address: 150 S 8th St.
- Campus clean-up and landscaping.
CHDO - Corner of Hamilton and N 9th St.
- Tasks include scraping, painting, and yard work.
North Town - Corner of N 9th St. and N Broadway.
- Landscaping at 5-corners.
Salina Downtown - Address: 112-114 S Santa Fe (between Strand Plaza and Barolo Grille back patio).
- Clear 46 planters and add mulch.
Salina Food Bank - Address: 255 N Chicago.
- Tasks include mulching garden beds, relocating a tree, and creating holiday bags.
Salina Rescue Mission - Address: 1716 Summers Rd.
- Organize storage, paint, landscaping, and gardening.
Smoky Hill River - Address: 570-YMCA Dr (YMCA parking lot).
- Participate in a trash clean-up at the Smoky Hill River.
The Temple - Address: 336 S Santa Fe (enter via north red door).
- Clean the theatre and paint the kitchen.
On the same day, Saline County residents can also take advantage of Free Landfill Day from 8 am to 2 pm at 4292 S Bruma Rd. Some restrictions apply, so be sure to visit salina-ks.org/landfill for more details.