DID YOU KNOW…
… that you can help the Senior Center fulfill its mission to foster healthful aging by joining our volunteers. We need volunteers in the dining room at lunchtime and to deliver Meals On Wheels to those who are homebound. Volunteers deliver at lunchtime three to five times every sixth week. For information, call the Center at 785-827-9818.
FREE BLOOD PRESSURE CHECKS
Accessible Home Health provides free blood pressure checks at 11 a.m. on the first and third Thursdays of the month on the first floor Dining Room.
MEDICAL FOOT CARE
Hermes Healthcare, Inc provides medical foot care that includes nail care and treatment of foot problems as needed (i.e. abscess, abrasion, calluses, corns, ulcers and fungal cultures with treatment). Hermes brings a nurse practitioner and registered nurses to provide foot care to seniors. Hermes works with insurance companies including Medicare /Medicaid or other. Hermes schedules appointments every 9 weeks. You may schedule an appointment by calling 316-260-4110.
SENIOR FITNESS CLASS
Senior Fitness Class is better than ever! This is a fun class for all fitness levels offered at 10 a.m. Mondays. Participants work on strength, balance, and flexibility while using light hand weights, elastic bands, and a small exercise ball. Instructor Brooke Wilcox, Accessible Home Health is an experienced fitness leader who knows how to encourage and inspire others to make exercising fun!
Many members of the group then meet on their own at 10 a.m. on Wednesdays and Fridays to practice what they have learned in the Monday morning class.
A huge “Thank You” to Accessible Home Care for arranging this class! Please register for the class at the first floor Reception Desk. A $3 room-use fee per month is requested.
YOGA STRETCHING FOR SENIORS
A very nice group of folks meet at 11 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays in the third floor Fitness Room for Yoga Stretching for Seniors. Please register for the class at the first floor Reception Desk. A $3 room-use fee per month is requested.
SALINA SENIOR CENTER LUNCHTIME
Lunches are served on weekdays from 11:15 a.m.-1:15 p.m. The cost is $5.50 per person ages 60 and older and $6.75 per person ages 59 and below. All ages are welcome for lunch. Don’t have time to eat at the Center? We also do carryout meals. Call the Center at 785-827-9818 and place your carryout order.
CHECK OUR WEB SITE & FIND US ON FACEBOOK
Your computer can help you keep track of Center news in multiple ways. Our website, www.saline.org contains information including the lunch menu, a calendar of events, and photos of Center activities.
CHECK THESE REGULAR CENTER ACTIVITIES
The Center is home to many diverse activities. They include:
· You can play pool in the Center Lightfoot Billiard Parlor. The billiard parlor is on the second floor and has four tables. This is a free activity.
· Instructor Barb Culley offers painting classes on a fee basis every Monday & Tuesday. For information call Barb at 785-827-3967.
· A writing group meets weekly to share and sharpen their writing skills. The sessions at 10 a.m. on Thursdays. This is a free activity.
· The Piece Makers, meet every Wednesday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on the second floor. Come join in the fun as they work on projects for several community organizations. This is a free group.
· Woodcarvers meet each Friday from 9 a.m. – noon at the Center. Each participant furnishes his/her own hand tools and wood. All skill levels are welcome. This is a free group