The Saline County Health Department is scheduled to host the Annual Community Flu Shot Clinic on October 11 at the 4H Building, 900 Greeley Ave., in Salina from 11 am-6 pm.
This yearly program is part of the Health Department's ongoing efforts to ensure the health and safety of the community, especially as flu season approaches.
What you need to know:
- No Appointments Needed:
- The clinic is open to walk-ins for individuals aged 6 months and up.
- Drive-Thru Service is available for those aged 19 and older.
- Vehicle entry is from the south near the waterpark entrance.
- Dress Appropriately: Attendees are advised to wear short sleeves for convenience.
- Insurance and Payment: Persons with health plans from BC/BS: Ambetter, United Healthcare, Aetna; Medicare Part B or Medicare Advantage Plan C; KanCare/Medicaid (Sunflower State Health Plan, Aetna Better Health of KS, United Healthcare Community Plan); and UMR who bring their cards may have their shots covered. Those out of network or without insurance can pay at the time of service.
- Saline Stars: Additionally, Saline Stars from the Choose Saline County app can be redeemed in place of cash for out-of-pocket payments.
For further inquiries or to determine the best flu shot for individual needs, the community is encouraged to contact the health department clinic at 785-826-6602.