A unique opportunity for community involvement and responsible waste management comes to Saline County as the Saline County Farm Bureau prepares to host a Tire Collection Event. This event, funded by the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), is scheduled for August 19 from 9 am- 2 pm, at the Saline County Yard, 3424 Airport Rd. It invites residents to dispose of their agricultural and vehicle tires safely and responsibly.
The Tire Collection Event is an important step towards a cleaner Saline County and encourages residents to play a role in maintaining our community's beauty and environmental health.
The event's guidelines for participants are as follows:
- Participants will be required to sign in and provide proof of Saline County residency.
- Personal vehicle and agricultural equipment tires will be accepted.
- Tires from commercial or retail businesses will not be accepted.
- All tires must have rims removed prior to drop-off.
- Some assistance will be available at the event for unloading tires.
This initiative operates on a first-come, first-served basis, with a total acceptance capacity of 116 tons of tires. Residents are encouraged to participate early to ensure their tires are collected.