Santa Fe Ave. used to be home to a number of car dealerships. In 1915, H.C. Simpson Jr. and partners opened a car dealership at 235-239 N. Santa Fe. The dealership would eventually become H.C. Simpson Chevrolet Co. In 1943, William Sullivan and Carmen Johnson would buy the business and change the name to Sullivan-Johnson Motor Co.
Photograph from Museum’s Collection, c1937