Salina Speedway is gearing up for an action-packed racing event tonight, offering a thrilling experience for race fans and teams. The first race of July promises a full plate of exhilarating competitions that will leave spectators on the edge of their seats.
To kick off the evening, the Topless Challenge features from last week will take to the track first, setting the stage for an adrenaline-fueled showdown. Following this thrilling start, the event will showcase five divisions of racing action, guaranteeing an electrifying Friday evening for all attendees.
For the SportMod and Modified categories, drivers will have the roofs and sail panels put back on their vehicles, eliminating the need for their removal. In a special arrangement, drivers who were not originally entered in the Topless Challenge can participate in the make-up features by purchasing a pit pass and paying the entry fee. However, they will start from the back of the pack behind the already qualified cars.
The divisions competing at the event include:
- Mel Hambelton Ford IMCA Modifieds
- Coors Light IMCA Stock Cars
- Big Corner Creative IMCA SportMods
- Buschhhhhhh Light IMCA Hobby Stocks
- Bird Contracting IMCA Sport Compacts
In addition to the thrilling races, there are several enticing incentives awaiting participants and fans:
- Any division with a minimum of 20 cars checked in will receive a $500 bonus added to the respective division's payout, which will be distributed across the total purse.
- Any division with a minimum of 30 cars checked in will enjoy a generous $1,000 bonus added to the respective division's payout, contributing to an enhanced prize pool.
- Divisions that manage to complete their races without any yellow flags, from start to finish, will reward drivers in that division with a free pit pass for the next week's racing event.
- Pits Open: 5:00 PM
- Gates Open: 5:30 PM
- Hot Laps: 7:15 PM
- Racing Starts: 8:00 PM
Ticket Information: Pit Passes:
- $30.00: Ages 13 and over
- $15.00: Ages 6 to 12
- Free: Ages 5 and under
- $10.00: Ages 16 and over
- Free: Ages 15 and under (with paying adult)
- Seniors: Half price
- Military: Free with current ID
Attention Drivers: When checking in, please ensure you have your 2023 IMCA card with you. If you do not possess one, you may apply for it during the check-in process. It is mandatory for all drivers to have Raceciever radios and Westhold transponders. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification.