Pair of Second Half Goals Leads KWU Men's Soccer Past Tabor 2-1

Pair of Second Half Goals Leads KWU Men's Soccer Past Tabor 2-1

Kansas Wesleyan Men's Soccer scored a pair of second half goals to knock off the Tabor College Bluejays 2-1 on Wednesday night at JRI Hospitality Stadium at the Graves Family Sports Complex.

Both teams spent a majority of the first half settling into the match and getting an understanding of the play of their opponents on the pitch. Both had early shots stopped before in the 35th minute Tabor got on the board.

A foul occurred in the penalty area and Tabor's Eric Brown converted the penalty kick to give the Bluejays a 1-0 lead.

In the second half, the Coyotes took the offensive-minded approach and it paid off. Abaenya Nundu got the equalizer in the 64th minute off an assist from Eduardo Flores.

In the 76th, the Coyotes took the lead. Kamille Kum netted his first goal of the season on a highlight reel play. Jesus Genaro Macias started it off making a run down the far sideline to the corner and sent a ball into the box to Kum, who popped it up in the air and took a bicycle kick at it, finding the back of the net and putting the Coyotes up 2-1.

The win pushed KWU's record to 7-3 and 4-1 in the KCAC. KWU outshot Tabor 16-6 for the match and 9-3 in the second 45. Macias and Kum led the Coyotes with three shots each.

Mateus Alves Lopes Da Silva picked up the win in goal with three saves.

The Coyotes are back in action on Saturday, hosting Saint Mary at JRI Stadium. The match was originally scheduled to start at 7:30, but kickoff is pushed back 30 minutes to 8:00 to help accommodate the stadium changeover after KWU's football game earlier in the afternoon.

Great! Next, complete checkout for full access to Salina311.
Welcome back! You've successfully signed in.
You've successfully subscribed to Salina311.
Success! Your account is fully activated, you now have access to all content.
Success! Your billing info has been updated.
Your billing was not updated.