In a recent County Commission Meeting, commissioners deliberated on updated policy revisions, to modify several policies. The proposed changes are outlined below, having undergone review by department heads and elected officials who were given the opportunity to provide feedback or suggest amendments:
- Policy 30.11, Personal/Wellness Leave: In accordance with the 2024-2026 work agreement, this amendment increases personal leave from 8 to 12 hours per year, allowing for the option to take it in smaller increments instead of the traditional 8-hour block.
- Policy 30.12, Funeral Leave: This revision equalizes funeral leave for both in-state and out-of-state funerals.
- Policy 30.13, Health and Dental Insurance: The update changes the effective date for new hires from the first of the month following 30 days of full-time employment to the first of the month following full-time employment, reducing the waiting period for the effective date.
- Policy 30.26, Longevity Pay: This modification shifts the payment structure from every 5-year increments, starting at 25 years, to annual payments beginning at 5 years of uninterrupted service.
- Policy 40.15, Expense of Travel: This adjustment removes tip-related language, as it is now included in the meal amount. Additionally, it introduces language regarding the use of county credit cards and provides a definition for incidental expenses.
Policy 30.26 incurs an additional financial consideration. The 2024 general increase was reduced by half a percent to accommodate the newly added longevity pay, totaling approximately $122,500.
The motion to approve these policy revisions was successfully passed.