With a wintry mix of snow expected throughout Monday (January 8) and Tuesday (January 9), the City of Salina has salted all arterial roadways, bridge decks and elevated surfaces. Trucks are equipped with snow plows and staff is ready to be deployed with the increase of snow.
- Snow may become the main precipitation type for the rest of the morning and afternoon.
- While temperatures remain above freezing, heavy snow bursts overwhelm all
roads with up to 1" of slushy accumulations.
- Rain/snow mix becomes a wet moderate to heavy snow through the evening
- Winds gusting up to 35-45 mph will lead to blizzard conditions at times, with
blowing & drifting snow likely.
- Snow ends west to east through the morning hours Tuesday.
The public is asked to allow ample space when approaching salt/plow trucks from behind, as the equipment will be distributing salt to the roadway. Driving too closely to equipment could present additional challenges and safety concerns for operators and other motorists.
For additional information on the storm or snow removal operations, please visit the City’s website at http://www.salina-ks.gov/, the City’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/salina.ks.gov/ or call the General Services office at (785) 309-5750.